Author

Brian Flood

Browsing

Cancer-stricken talk radio legend Rush Limbaugh provided listeners a somber update on his condition Monday after recent scans showed “some progression of cancer,” which he said is “not dramatic” but still a step in the wrong direction.

Limbaugh announced in February that he was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and had missed several shows this month to undergo treatment.

“From the moment you get the diagnosis, there’s a part of you every day, OK, that’s it, life’s over, you just don’t know when,” Limbaugh said. “So, during the period of time after the diagnosis, you do what you can to prolong life, do what you can to prolong a happy life. You measure a happy life against whatever medication it takes.”

Limbaugh, who recently hosted President Trump for a two-hour interview, continued the devastating update on his diagnosis.

“It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over,” Limbaugh continued. “Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we’re going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it.”

The conservative radio icon then explained that he received bad news earlier this month during treatment.

“The scans did show some progression of cancer. Now, prior to that, the scans had shown that we had rendered the cancer dormant. That’s my phrase for it. We had stopped the growth. It had been reduced, and it had become manageable,” he said. “But there’s always the reality and the knowledge that that can change and it can come back because it is cancer. It eventually outsmarts pretty much everything you throw at it.”

Limbaugh said that his treatment program has been adjusted with chemotherapy drugs “in hopes of keeping additional progression at bay for as long as possible,” but he’s happy to be on the air while he can still do it.

“I feel very blessed to be here speaking with you today. Some days are harder than others. I do get fatigued now. I do get very, very tired now. I’m not gonna mislead you about that. But I am extremely grateful to be able to come here to the studio and to maintain as much normalcy as possible — and it’s still true,” he said. “You know, I wake up every day and thank God that I did. I go to bed every night praying I’m gonna wake up.”

Limbaugh said he understand many listeners are going through their own struggles and offered advice.

“Someone told me — I think this is good advice, may be helpful — the only thing that any of us are certain of is right now, today. That’s why I thank God every morning when I wake up,” he said. I thank God that I did. I try to make it the best day I can no matter what. I don’t look too far ahead. I certainly don’t look too far back.”

Limbaugh told listeners he never thought he would make it to Oct. 1 when he was first diagnosed earlier this year.

“It is of immense value, strength, confidence, and that’s why I’m able to remain fully committed to the idea that what is supposed to happen will happen when it’s meant to. There’s some comfort in knowing that some things are not in our hands,” he said. “There’s a lot of fear associated with that, too, but there is some comfort. It’s helpful … God, is it helpful. It’s helpful to be able to trust and to believe in a higher plan.”

Limbaugh received the Presidential Medal of Freedom during Trump’s State of the Union address only a few days after first informing listeners of his diagnosis.

“The Rush Limbaugh Show” first aired in 1988 and has earned a variety of awards and honors. Limbaugh is a five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters’ Marconi Award for “Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting,” a No. 1 New York Times best-selling author and a member of the Radio Hall of Fame and National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame.

Author: Brian Flood

Source: Fox News: Cancer-stricken Rush Limbaugh says he can no longer deny he’s ‘under a death sentence’

Actress Jane Fonda called coronavirus “God’s gift to the left” because it allowed Americans to see President Trump isn’t helping the working class.

The far-left star was busy urging Americans to vote for Democratic nominee Joe Biden and said the upcoming election is a crossroads for the nation.

“We are people who can help determine which way humanity goes. What a great gift, what a tremendous opportunity, we’re just so lucky, we just have to use it with every ounce of intelligence and courage and wherewithal we have,” Fonda said in a video published online.

“I just think COVID is God’s gift to the left,” Fonda continued. “That’s a terrible thing to say. I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the Band-Aid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average people and working people in this country.”

She continued, “We can see it now, people who couldn’t see it before, you know, they see it now and we have a chance to harness that anger.”

The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has killed over 200,000 Americans and over one million people worldwide. It has also crippled the American economy and crushed many small businesses across the nation.

Fonda has been controversial for years because of her far-left political leanings.

Many veterans of the Vietnam War still refer to the actress as “Hanoi Jane,” recalling Fonda’s disastrous trip to North Vietnam in 1972 when she was photographed on an anti-aircraft gun used to shoot down American pilots. Fonda has long since apologized for the incident.

Author: Brian Flood

Source: Fox News: Jane Fonda says coronavirus is ‘God’s gift to the left’ because it could help Biden defeat Trump

A Connecticut-based sports reporter was fired on Wednesday after referring to Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., as an “Uncle Tom” in a now-deleted tweet.

The Hill tweeted a link to a story about Scott saying he thought President Trump “misspoke” when he said “stand back and stand by,” but called on him to correct his statement if that really were the case.

Now-former News 12 Connecticut sports reporter Fred Gerteiny responded by writing, “Thanks Uncle Tom,” and swiftly lost his job as a result.

“After reviewing the incident, the network released sports reporter, Fred Gerteiny, as a result of a racially insensitive comment,” the network said in a statement. “News 12 Networks has a zero-tolerance policy for racism or improper conduct based on race, and prides itself on being an objective and unbiased multi-platform news company.”

When asked if he had apologized, Gerteiny later tweeted that he “wrote an email to Senator Scott.”

Scott’s support of the president and the Republican Party is regularly criticized by the left.

Back in August, CNN’s Chris Cuomo suggested Scott was “carrying water” for President Trump by speaking at the Republican National Convention. Cuomo’s remarks stirred some backlash on social media, with some suggesting the anchor’s comments were racist.

In June, NBC News anchor Craig Melvin asked the sole Black GOP senator if his party was “using” him as a “token” following the death of George Floyd.

Scott was appointed to the Senate in 2013 when former Sen. Jim DeMint stepped down to run the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

The appointment made Scott the first Black senator to represent a Southern state since the Reconstruction era following the Civil War. Scott won a 2014 special election for his Senate seat and was reelected in 2016.

Political pundits have been tossing around the idea of a 2024 Republican presidential run by Scott.

Author: Brian Flood

Source: Fox News: Connecticut sports reporter fired after calling Sen. Tim Scott an ‘Uncle Tom’

“Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace has been selected to moderate the first presidential debate between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, the non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) announced Wednesday.

Wallace will moderate the first debate, which is scheduled to take place Tuesday, Sept. 29 in Cleveland.

Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott celebrated the announcement in an email to staffers on Wednesday.

“Revered as the gold standard in journalism, Chris has the innate ability to cut to the heart of issues that matter most to viewers while holding his interview subjects accountable to the facts like no other journalist in the industry. His debate moderator performance in 2016 was truly masterful and we are beyond excited to watch him brilliantly perform his craft once again,” Scott wrote.

“The selection of Chris today and his already legendary debate moderating performances are an immensely proud distinction for FOX News Media and are among the greatest moments in our near 24-year history,” Scott added. “Please join me in congratulating our friend and colleague on this amazing accomplishment and celebrating another great day for FOX News Media. This is yet another example of why we are the best in the business.”

USA Today Washington bureau chief Susan Page will moderate the vice presidential debate in Salt Lake City Oct. 7, C-SPAN Senior Executive Producer & Political Editor Steve Scully will moderate the second Trump-Biden debate Oct. 15 in Miami, and NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker will moderate the third presidential debate Oct. 22 in Nashville.

Wallace won widespread praise for his performance moderating the third debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton in 2016. That was the first time a Fox News anchor had been selected to moderate a general election debate.

“We are grateful to these experienced journalists, who will help ensure that the general election presidential debates continue to serve their unique educational purpose of helping the public learn about the candidates. Each individual brings great professionalism to moderating and understands that the purpose of the 2020 debate formats is to facilitate in-depth discussion of major topics,” CPD co-chairs Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., Dorothy S. Ridings and Kenneth Wollack said in a statement.

The first debate will be divided into six segments of approximately 15 minutes each, on major topics to be selected by Wallace himself and announced at least one week before the debate, the CPD announced.

The “Fox News Sunday” anchor will open each segment with a question and each candidate will have two minutes to respond, the organizers said. Trump and Biden then would have a chance to respond to each other, while Wallace can use any remaining time to ask the candidates to elaborate on the subject.

Wallace, who also has co-moderated multiple primary debates, has won every major broadcast news award during his storied career. He has received three Emmy Awards, the Dupont-Columbia Silver Baton and the Peabody Award, among many others.

Author: Brian Flood

Source: Fox News: Fox News’ Chris Wallace to moderate first Trump-Biden presidential debate

President Trump ripped CNN’s Chris Cuomo as an “out-of-control animal” on Tuesday in response to a viral video in which the “Cuomo Prime Time” host threatened a man who apparently had called him “Fredo.”

A video of the confrontation, which originally surfaced on the YouTube channel “That’s The Point with Brandon” and was circulated by Daily Wire reporter Ryan Saavedra, begins with the man telling Cuomo, “I thought that was who you were.” The CNN host clearly didn’t appreciate the comment and the clip quickly became a trending topic on social media.

Fredo is a reference to Fredo Corleone, the weak and facile brother in the movie “The Godfather,” who was played by John Cazale.

The CNN host is the younger brother of Andrew Cuomo, the Democratic governor of New York. The confrontation took place Sunday at a bar on New York’s Shelter Island.

“I thought Chris was Fredo also. The truth hurts,” Trump tweeted. “Totally lost it! Low ratings @CNN.”

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

“No, punk-ass b—-es from the right call me ‘Fredo.’ My name is Chris Cuomo. I’m an anchor on CNN,” Cuomo responded. “‘Fredo’ was from ‘The Godfather.’ He was a weak brother and they use that as an Italian slur — are any of you Italian?… It’s a f—ing insult to your people. It’s an insult to your f–kin’ people. It’s like the N-word for us. Is that a cool f—ing thing?”

After the man sarcastically told him, “You’re a much more reasonable guy in person than you seem to be on television,” Cuomo reacted, “If you want to play, we’ll f—ing play.”

“If you’ve got something to say about what I do on television, then say it, but you don’t have to call me a f—in’ insult,” Cuomo continued.

“Hey man, listen, I don’t want any problems,” the man, who appears to be holding the camera from below, told Cuomo.

“Well, you’re gonna have a big f—in’ problem,” Cuomo shot back.

While the president mocked Cuomo over the confrontation, others have defended him. Fox News’ Sean Hannity tweeted that Cuomo has “zero to apologize for.”

“I say good for @ChrisCuomo,” Hannity wrote. “He’s out with his 9-year-old daughter, and his wife, and this guy is being a jack-ss in front of his family.”

In a statement to Fox News, CNN said it fully supported its primetime anchor.

“Chris Cuomo defended himself when he was verbally attacked with the use of an ethnic slur in an orchestrated setup. We completely support him,” a CNN spokesperson told Fox News.

The president later sent another tweet directed at Cuomo, who recently hosted a CNN town hall on gun control.

“Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control,” Trump tweeted. “He shouldn’t be allowed to have any weapon. He’s nuts!”

Trump reiterated his thoughts when speaking to reporters later in the day outside Marine One.

“I think what Chris Cuomo did was horrible. His language was horrible, he looked like a total out-of-control animal.”

— President Trump

“I think what Chris Cuomo did was horrible. His language was horrible, he looked like a total out-of-control animal. He lost it, and frankly, I don’t think anybody should defend him because he spews lies every night. I don’t know why anybody would defend him,” Trump said. “Chris Cuomo is out of control. I watched it, I thought it was terrible… you’ve never seen me do that.”

Trump then said that the CNN host was “so out of control” that it’s a good thing he wasn’t holding a weapon.

Cuomo acknowledged that he received some support but said he shouldn’t “add to the ugliness” that he opposes.

“Appreciate all the support but – truth is I should be better than the guys baiting me. This happens all the time these days. Often in front of my family. But there is a lesson: no need to add to the ugliness; I should be better than what I oppose,” Cuomo tweeted on Tuesday morning.

Over the years, many people – including CNN personalities – have used the term “Fredo” to mock the president’s sons. Donald Trump Jr. took notice of the viral video and offered his thoughts on the situation.

“Hey @ChrisCuomo, take it from me, “Fredo” isn’t the N word for Italians, it just means you’re the dumb brother,” he wrote.

As of Tuesday morning, the viral video had over 3.4 million views – more than three times the audience that Cuomo typically draws. During the month of July, “Cuomo Prime Time” averaged 954,000 nightly viewers.

Cuomo announced Monday afternoon, hours before the video went viral, that “Cuomo Prime Time” was on hiatus this week and would be back on-air Aug. 19.

Ironically, the New York Post unearthed an old video in which Cuomo playfully referred to himself as “Fredo” during a 2010 radio interview.

Fox News’ Joseph A. Wulfsohn contributed to this report.

Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @briansflood.

Author: Brian Flood

Source: Fox News: Trump mocks CNN’s Chris Cuomo over viral video: ‘I thought Chris was Fredo also’

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!