Author

Amanda Prestigiacomo

Browsing

A video featured on President Joe Biden’s White House YouTube page has the comments disabled, barring Americans from leaving their remarks beneath the video.

The video, titled “President Biden Swears In Day One Presidential Appointees in a Virtual Ceremony,” was posted on Jan. 20, the day he was inaugurated.

“Comments are turned off,” a message below the video reads.

As of Thursday morning, the video has only about 116,000 views. It also has more than twice as many so-called “down” votes than “up” votes by viewers.

Screenshot: YouTube

It remains unclear who disabled the comments: Biden’s team, or YouTube.

A hyperlink from YouTube near the notification about the comments being “turned off” directs users to a page titled, “Learn why comments are disabled.”

The message from YouTube can be viewed, below:

Comments may be turned off on a video because:

In another section, YouTube says comments could be disabled to “protect minors.”

“Comments on some videos may be turned off by YouTube for safety reasons, like to protect minors. We know that comments are important to creators and viewers alike, but we also take the safety of minors very seriously,” YouTube says. “This is not a result of the content violating our guidelines.”

In total, as of Thursday morning, there are four videos posted to Biden’s White House account on YouTube; only one of the videos has the comments disabled.

Soon after Biden was inaugurated on Wednesday, the newly sworn-in president signed 17 Executive Orders, many aiming to reverse the work of President Donald Trump.

“The move by Biden comes after he repeatedly called for ‘unity’ during his inaugural address,” The Daily Wire’s Ryan Saavedra highlighted.

Woven between Biden’s messages on “unity,” the career politician repeatedly denounced racism and white supremacy.

“A cry for racial justice some 400 years in the making moves us,” Biden said. “A cry that can’t be any more desperate or any more clear. And now a rise of political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat.”

“Our history has been a constant struggle between the American ideal that we’re all created equal and the harsh, ugly reality that racism, nativism, fear, demonization have long torn us apart,” he continued, emphasizing that there is a “rise of political extremism, white supremacy, [and] domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat.”

Author: Amanda Prestigiacomo

Source: Daily Wire: Comments ‘Turned Off’ On Biden White House YouTube Video

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said Monday that he has been dropped by major retailers, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Kohl’s, HEB Stores, the Canadian Shopping Channel and Wayfair.

Lindell, a strong supporter of President Donald Trump, reportedly told NBC News via email on Tuesday that “a group has attacked my vendors” and the companies informed him that they had been threatened with “a boycott” if they “don’t comply” to their demands to stop selling his products.

The reported move to drop MyPillow products from major retailers comes on the heels of Dominion Voting Systems sending a letter to Lindell threatening legal action if he does not retract unsubstantiated accusations concerning “millions” of “stolen” votes from President Trump and issue an apology to the voting equipment manufacturer.

“Your smear campaign against Dominion has been relentless, and you have leveraged your significant social media following to inflict the maximum amount of damage to Dominion’s good name and business operations,” read the Dominion letter, dated Jan. 8, NBC reported.

“Despite your repeated promises — not to mention your considerable and costly efforts to bankroll a so-called investigation into Dominion — you have failed to identify a scintilla of credible evidence that even suggests that Dominion is somehow involved in a global conspiracy to harvest millions of votes in favor of President-elect Biden,” the letter continued. “Of course, this is because no such evidence exists.”

Lindell did not comment on his company’s future with the retailers who reportedly dropped him, NBC-affiliate KARE 11 noted, “but Monday’s cancellation did appear to be permanent.”

As of Wednesday morning, MyPillow products are still available at Bed Bath & Beyond online as well as on Kohl’s online store.

“A representative for Today’s Shopping Choice confirmed that MyPillow products would no longer be sold on the channel,” NBC reported. “Spokespeople for the other retailers did not immediately respond to requests for comment.”

Lindell remains defiant in the face of the boycott calls, maintaining in an email to NBC that his refuted claims are true. A screenshot Lindell sent of what he said was “one page of the proof” contained what NBC describes as “illegible text.”

Dominion has sent similar legal letters to other entities and individuals, including former Trump attorney Sidney Powell, who have promoted what the company has condemned as “wild” and “demonstrably false” claims based on “wholly unreliable” sources. On Jan. 8, Dominion filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Powell.

Author: Amanda Prestigiacomo

Source: Daily Wire: MyPillow Dropped At Major Retailers, Mike Lindell Says

Nearly 20 Fox News Digital staffers were laid off Tuesday, including political editor Chris Stirewalt, who worked on the network’s decision desk for the 2020 presidential election.

The Washington Post’s Sarah Ellison reported Tuesday, “Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt was laid off today alongside just under 20 Fox News staffers.”

“Stirewalt sat on the Fox News decision desk,” she added, “which has come under fire for its early call on Arizona election night.”

Stirewalt first joined Fox News in 2010.

“As we conclude the 2020 election cycle, Fox News Digital has realigned its business and reporting structure to meet the demands of this new era,” a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement, according to The Wrap. “We are confident these changes will ensure the platform continues to deliver breakthrough reporting and insightful analysis surrounding major issues, both stateside and abroad.”

Earlier this month, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott announced a big shakeup at the network starting Jan. 18, most notably bumping news anchor Martha MacCallum’s 7 p.m. program “The Story” to 3 p.m.

“As we kick off a new year, we are excited to announce new changes to our schedule,” said a statement from Scott, according to a press release obtained by Mediaite. “We have the best-in-class anchors, interviewers, reporters and talent in all of news media. This new powerful lineup ensures FOX News Media will continue to deliver outstanding coverage for our viewers who depend on the most trusted names in the business.”

“Kicking off the new schedule will be a new two-hour edition of America’s Newsroom (9AM-11AM/ET) with its founding anchor Bill Hemmer, who will relaunch the program he originally helmed since 2007, now joined by co-anchor Dana Perino,” the release said. “Harris Faulkner will move to 11 AM/ET with The Faulkner Focus, followed by the network’s signature midday roundtable show Outnumbered (12-1 PM/ET).”

According to the press release, the new lineup will go as follows:

9-11 AM/ET – America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer & Dana Perino
11 AM/ET – The Faulkner Focus
12-1 PM/ET – Outnumbered
1-3 PM/ET – America Reports with John Roberts & Sandra Smith
3-4 PM/ET – The Story with Martha MacCallum
4-5 PM/ET – Your World with Neil Cavuto
5-6 PM/ET – The Five
6-7 PM/ET – Special Report with Bret Baier
7-8 PM/ET – FOX News Primetime

In mid-January, The Daily Wire’s Ian Haworth reported on Fox News’ decline in ratings following the 2020 election, trailing CNN and MSNBC for the first time in 20 years.

“After years of dominating cable news, Fox News has found itself in an unfamiliar spot: the bottom of the ratings charts. Last week, for the first time since 2000, MSNBC and CNN topped Fox in viewership, capitalizing on huge numbers after the Georgia runoff and riots in D.C.,” Haworth wrote.

According to a source “familiar with the matter” at The Wrap, all laid off staffers “will be given enhanced severance and benefits packages.”

Author: Amanda Prestigiacomo

Source: Daily Wire: Chris Stirewalt Dropped By Fox News; More Layoffs Announced

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!