Former President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel will “remain suspended,” the company said Wednesday, pointing to an “ongoing potential for violence” in the wake of the Capitol riot on Jan. 6.

YouTube suspended Trump’s channel earlier this month, meaning it could not upload new videos or livestreams, after Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat banned the president’s accounts from their platforms.

“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will remain suspended,” a YouTube spokesperson told Fox News. “Our teams are staying vigilant and closely monitoring for any new developments.”

YouTube also told Fox News that comments will continue to be indefinitely disabled under videos from Trump’s channel.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said earlier this month that Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts would be blocked “indefinitely,” saying he believed that “the risks” of allowing Trump to continue to use the platform “are simply too great.”

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey also said Trump would be “permanently” suspended, but said he does “not celebrate or feel pride” in the decision to “ban @realDonaldTrump.”

“I believe this was the right decision for Twitter,” Dorsey continued. “We faced an extraordinary and untenable circumstance, forcing us to focus all of our actions on public safety. Offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real, and what drives our policy and enforcement above all.”

Author: Brooke Singman

Source: Fox News: Trump’s YouTube channel to ‘remain suspended’ after Capitol riot due to ‘ongoing potential for violence’

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!