President Donald Trump told “Fox & Friends” Sunday that he plans to continue a legal battle challenging the outcome of the 2020 presidential election and vowed to “continue to go forward” despite a crushing Friday loss at the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court voted Friday not to take up a lawsuit from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton challenging the results of the presidential election in four key states, The Daily Wire reported.

“The State of Texas’s motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution,” the court’s order noted “Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot.”

“The Supreme Court suit was President Trump’s last chance to overturn election results before the Electoral College convenes to formally cast ballots: 306 for Mr. Biden, 232 for the incumbent,” The Wall Street Journal added. Although the order was unsigned, only Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito objected, in part, to the decision, suggesting that the Supreme Court was required to hear arguments in the case.

Trump told Fox News that although Friday’s decision was final in the Texas case, his legal team still has cases pending in several states, including one in Wisconsin.

“No, it’s not over. We keep going and we’re going to continue to go forward. We have numerous local cases,” Trump said.

“This wasn’t like a close election,” Trump added, echoing a sentiment he’s held since mid-November. “You look at Georgia. We won Georgia big. We won Pennsylvania big. We won Wisconsin big. We won it big.”

“What happened to this country is we were like a third world country,” he continued.

He also lashed out at the Supreme Court’s Friday decision.

“The Supreme Court, all they did is say we don’t have standing,” he said. “So they’re saying essentially the president of the United States and Texas and these other states, great states, they don’t have standing.”

As Fox News notes, the President was not a party to the Texas litigation, which involved state attorneys general suing other states. “Six states — Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Utah — had formally joined the lawsuit this week,” The Daily Wire reported Friday. “Twelve additional states had expressed their support for the lawsuit, including Arizona, Alabama, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.”

Trump’s legal team has seen a series of losses in court in recent weeks, and his remaining legal challenges are likely to conclude on Sunday, as courts — including Wisconsin’s Supreme Court — scramble to decide the cases before the Electoral College meets to vote on Monday.

The Hill reports that Wisconsin’s Supreme Court went into an extremely rare Saturday session to discuss the president’s pending litigation there, which “aims to overturn the election results in that state.” Wisconsin represents the Trump legal team’s best shot at an election challenge yet; conservatives control the Wisconsin Supreme Court 4-3.

If that litigation does not go the president’s way, the Electoral College will vote Monday to certify Democrat Joe Biden as the next president. Although Republican House members say they could challenge that vote before it is certified in Congress in early January, they need a counterpart in the Senate to also bring a challenge. So far, no Republican Senators have agreed to assist.

Author: Emily Zanotti

Source: Daily Wire: ‘Not Over’: President Trump Pledges To Press Forward In Election Challenge

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!